In Ladná, a chapel dedicated to St Michael had stood since 1849. Over time, however, its capacity became insufficient, and it was necessary to build a new church. In December 1909, an agreement was reached between the inhabitants of Ladná and Prince Johann II von Liechtenstein: Ladná extended the prince’s lease of the hunting grounds, and in return the prince financed the construction of a new church.
The plans were drawn up by the princely architect Karl Weinbrenner, and the foundation stone was laid in 1911. All building materials were supplied by the princely brickyard in Poštorná, and the church was consecrated in October 1914.
It is a single-nave rectangular building in the Neo-Romanesque style with an apse-shaped chancel and a prismatic bell tower. The façade features a niche with a relief of the Madonna and Child, above which there is a tower clock.
The church is built of fired bricks – the exterior architectural details are made of glazed moulded bricks, while unglazed moulded bricks are used in the interior. The walls and vault of the nave are decorated with ornamental and symbolic paintings inspired by local folk tradition